Virtual Museum tours
Virtual field trips
Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari - Facebook Live each weekday at 12 PST
Ideas and Activities
- Create some art work, or practice writing a card and then send it to a nursing home where the residents can’t have visitors!Write diary entries documenting your days.
- Stay up late and look at the stars.
- Plant a garden. Dig up worms. Draw the leaves and flowers and bugs you find.
- Make stop motion videos.
- Wash toys
- Get binoculars and learn about the birds near your house, look them up on google and search for their birdcalls on YouTube
- Watch all the hand washing videos & vote on your favorite. Discuss why each good, helpful, funny.
- Team up and really clean and organize each kid's space, making a donation box for each.
- Have a board game day.kids can also make their own games! Board games, card games, you name it!
- Write a story cooperatively. One person picks a character and the other picks a setting
- Draw self portraits
- scavenger hunts, indoor treasure hunt - follow clues through the house to a "treasure" at the end (could be candy, a movie, whatever)
- "kitchen chemistry" science experiments making slime, baking soda and vinegar reaction, etc.
- glow stick party
- Listen to kid podcasts
- Learn the states song
- Make sushi
- Try new foods
50 ways to play in the rain
Play dough recipe:
1 cup of plain flour
1/4 cup of salt
1/2 cup hot water
2 tbsp cooking oil
Optional: Food coloring of your choice
Optional: a couple of drops of essential oil (I like to use lavender)
Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
Add food coloring to the hot wate
Carefully pour the water into the dry ingredients
Knead- Knead-Knead: the longer you knead, the smoother the dough